It’s “The Mysterious Case of the Fallen Egg,” or, Humpty-Dumpty Is Missing! An affectionate spoof of the private-eye thrillers of the 1940s and ’50s. A funfilled way to introduce young audiences to this classic genre.
Sammy Scoop is a private investigator in the tradition of his grandfather, Samuel Shovel and his father, Sam Spade. Sammy faces the biggest challenge of his illustrious career with the sudden fall and disappearance of the jolly Humpty-Dumpty who apparently had no enemies.
But Sammy and his sidekick, Alice from Dallas, soon come up with a list of suspects who had motive and, perhaps, opportunity. Mistress Mary, Rip Van Winkle, Henny-Penny, Peter Rabbit and his sisters, Rapunzel and the Handsome Prince (who, because he is a painter, prefers to be called the Artist Formerly Known As the Handsome Prince) are among the many suspects called onto the carpet.
A last-minute surprise appearance by two of fairy tales most celebrated characters, Mother Goose and Mother Hubbard, finally help Sammy and Alice nab the culprit (the least likely suspect, of course—we’d never break tradition in that important area).
Directed by Dillon Rasberry (Oklahoma!) and Pamela Catt (Cinderella).
- June 15 & 16 at 7:00pm
- Coleman Theatre Event Listing Weekend Comedy
- Order tickets by phone, (918) 540-2425, or online via Vendini Tickets
- Show: “The Mysterious Case of the Fallen Egg”
- Format: Children’s comedy
- Cast: 20+ Children
- Showtimes: June 15 & 16 at 7:00pm
- Audition Dates: May 11, from 5:30pm to 7:00.
- Ages: 8-14
- Director(s): Dillon Rasberry & Pamela Catt