Rodgers & Hammerstein’s first collaboration remains, in many ways, their most innovative, having set the standards and established the rules of musical theatre still being followed today.
Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story.
Although the road to true love never runs smooth, with these two headstrong romantics holding the reins, love’s journey is as bumpy as a surrey ride down a country road. That they will succeed in making a new life together we have no doubt, and that this new life will begin in a brand-new state provides the ultimate climax to the triumphant OKLAHOMA!
“If ever a show earned its exclamation point, it’s this one!” Wall Street Journal “A masterpiece…” New York Post “It’s not just a classic American musical but—and this is the real surprise—a truthful, touching and gripping drama about growing up and falling in love, about dreams and nightmares.” London Daily Mail “Forget baseball, hot dogs and apple pie. Nothing is more American than OKLAHOMA!” Houston Chronicle “Calling Rodgers and Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! a classic American musical is an understatement. Like Grant Wood’s ‘American Gothic’ and Mark Twain’s novels…OKLAHOMA! is firmly embedded in the canon of America’s greatest cultural creations.” Wichita Eagle
Directed by Pamela Catt (Cinderella), Assistant Director Phillip Shamblin (The Shadow Box). Music & Vocal Directors Charlie Rarick (The Marvelous Wonderettes) and Jason Vawter (Godspell). Choreography by Lee Dell Mustain (Wizard of OZ). Stage Manager, Bud Catt (Wizard of Oz), Assistant Stage Manager Aaron Smith (DeathTrap).
- September 22, 23, 24 at 7:30pm | September 25 at 2:30
- Coleman Theatre Event Listing Oklahoma!
- Order tickets by phone, (918) 540-2425, or online via Vendini Tickets
- Format: Musical
- Cast: 5 male and 3 female leads, plus ensemble of 30 (including children)
- Audition Dates: August 1 & 2 starting at 7:00 pm
- Ages: ALL!
- Rehearsal Schedule:
- Director(s): Pamela Catt and Phillip Shamblin
- Notes: Complete Audition Packet/Instructions
- New! Music Packet
- The directors are seeking teens and adults that are strong singers with acting and dance/movement ability. Review the packet for more information.